Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Coffeelake refresh for lga1151 systems 6core

Coffeelake refresh for lga1151 systems 6core 2 months 1 week ago #15387

  • Randall-one
  • Randall-one's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Lurker
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
Is there any hint yet about the details for the 6core lga1151 cpu that is mentioned for a fy2018 release? I'm sitting on a z171 and 6700k wondering if I will be able to upgrade to 6cores with just the cpu and a bios upgrade in a year. specifically an Asus Hero mb.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Coffeelake refresh for lga1151 systems 6core 2 months 1 week ago #15389

  • i7Baby
  • i7Baby's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 511
  • Thank you received: 67
  • Karma: 20
www.pcgamesn.com/intel/intel-14nm-coffee-lake-release-date

" the only official noises we’ve heard from Intel regarding this 8th Gen Core design is that it’s due to appear in the second half of this year, with a salt-encrusted rumoured release sometime in August. "
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, Samsung 250gb EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Randall-one

Coffeelake refresh for lga1151 systems 6core 2 months 1 week ago #15397

  • jmaster299
  • jmaster299's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Lurker
  • Posts: 25
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 0
With the new H500P delaying my new build until October, I may be jumping on the Coffeelake train if it does indeed release around August. I know it's all just rumor at this point, but I'm going to be waiting on my build anyways, due to the case. The one thing that may make me reconsider this is any potential price drops on Z270 and 7700K, with the release of X299 and the 7740K. Especially since the 7740K is supposed to be releasing at the same price point as the 7700K

I have no desire to go with the more expensive X299, since it costs more with no added benefit in my personal use case. But if it can drop the price on the current Kabylake hardware, I'll scoop some of that up and sit on it until the case I want is released. I'm upgrading from a Sandybridge 2600K, so any of these options will be a big upgrade for me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: 2ndPlayer, i7Baby
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Advertisement:

  VigLink badge