Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Help me finalize my pc build PLEASE

Help me finalize my pc build PLEASE 2 months 1 week ago #15401

• mistertreefrog
  • Lurker
I am building my first PC and need help finalizing a couple of things before i finish up. I currently have everything but the CPU, GPU and motherboard. Due to my budget, and having to buy them when i have the money to get them, i have waited to get the expensive things for last. I have a couple of questions i need help with though

1) I have astro A40s, i love this headset and dont plan on changing it any time soon, that being said however, the motherboard i currently have selected doesnt have the port i need to plug them into (i believe its optical audio). Do you know of any near the price point i currently have or so i need a dedicated sound card of some sort

2) Is there a better PSU for me? The one i bought was on sale at best buy so i picked it up before reading online reviews. After doing that, i saw that it was a subpar PSU according to everyone online. Should i take it back and get something better?

Please help me in any way you can.

My PC parts picker: pcpartpicker.com/list/bczctJ
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help me finalize my pc build PLEASE 2 months 1 week ago #15402

• jmaster299
  • Lurker
  • Thank you received: 3
This motherboard is right in the same price range, sub $100, but has an optical audio port.
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item...13-128-991-_-Product

As for PSUs, all of the EVGA PSUs are typically well reviewed. This 550w B3 is way more than enough for your system. It's a few dollars more, but is better quality than anything Thermaltake has to offer.
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item...17-438-120-_-Product

Help me finalize my pc build PLEASE 2 months 1 week ago #15403

• mistertreefrog
  • Lurker
You are a great man, i wil be getting both of these and taking this thermaltake garbage back to best buy. Cheers.

Help me finalize my pc build PLEASE 2 months 1 week ago #15404

• jmaster299
  • Lurker
Sort of a side note, how do you like the A40s? I've wanted them myself for a long time, and plan on buying the A40 TR + Mixamp Pro set when I build my new system in a couple of months. But all the comments online are either people love them or absolutely hate them. It's like Nvidia vs AMD, but with a single brand.

It's the mixamp part of it that attracts me to it the most, with the ability to adjust game and voice audio separately. But I have a hard time justifying dropping over $100 just on the mixamp, but then spending another couple hundred dollars on audiophile grade phones and attaching a modmic to them. Not sure how that would work paired with the mixamp.

Help me finalize my pc build PLEASE 2 months 1 week ago #15405

• mistertreefrog
  • Lurker
Honestly i love them. Im by no means an audiophile and just needed a comfortable headset that wasnt tight. They dont squeeze my head which is great since ive worn gunnars for the longest time. I miss them when im at a friends using another headset..

Random aside, I wont have any trouble putting a 1050 ti in that system right? it doesnt give a notice on parts picker so i assumed not, but i just want to be sure since this is my first build.

Help me finalize my pc build PLEASE 2 months 1 week ago #15406

• jmaster299
  • Lurker
Not at all. That mid tower case will seem almost empty with the parts you're using, and a 550w power supply is way more than enough to handle it.
Moderators: 2ndPlayer, i7Baby
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds