Help, can't get PC to boot 2 weeks 1 day ago #15469

• DeanMadman
  • Lurker
Just got done putting my pc together, my build has this:
MSI Gaming Pro Carbon z270
Intel i7
Gtx 1080ti
And whatever else.
Basically I got everything installed and put together and I have lights and fans and all, but I have no display. On the motherboard I have the ezdebug led's, and the CPU and DRAM lights are both flashing. I tried pulling both ram cards and then just the CPU light was on. I've reset the bios, and double checked all my cables and everything. I feel like my next step is checking my CPU pins, but I figured I would post here and see if there is anything else I should try before pulling my CPU cooler and all. TIA
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help, can't get PC to boot 2 weeks 1 day ago #15470

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 52
Post your complete build so it's easier to help you.

Fit an internal speaker. See what post/beep code you get and what it means eg www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

Is your ram on the motherboard memory QVL?

Do you get EZXDebug code? If so, what does it mean? (Usually in the mobo manual)

RAM in the correct dimm slots? (per mobo manual)

Bent a cpu socket pin? (use magnifying glass)
R7-1700, H110GTi, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14, Samsung 250gb EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud

Help, can't get PC to boot 2 weeks 1 day ago #15471

• DeanMadman
  • Lurker
pcpartpicker.com/list/KTjwnn

I'll try the beep code thing, what would I need to use for the internal speaker? I also read the mother board manual and found the ezdebug led guide. It was showing the CPU and DRAM lights for the ones on, which would mean they were either not there or had failed. My ram is installed correctly in the 2 and 4 slots. Thinking my next step is going back to the CPU and looking for bent pins.

Help, can't get PC to boot 2 weeks 23 hours ago #15472

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 52
what would I need to use for the internal speaker?
They show a picture of an internal speaker on the computerhope link I provided. You can get them from PC shops. Sometimes they come with your motherboard. They fit to your motherboard - see the manual.

Is your ram on the motherboard memory QVL?
R7-1700, H110GTi, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14, Samsung 250gb EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud
Moderators: 2ndPlayer, i7Baby
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds