Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Asus Aura RGB Case Cooling - Question

Asus Aura RGB Case Cooling - Question 2 weeks 1 day ago #15811

• posar
  • Lurker
I'm looking at getting 8-10 CoolerMaster MasterFan Pro RGB fans to make my computer nice and gaudy. I'm looking at syncing all of this through Asus Aura, which is why I'm pretty set on this fan series. The only other option I am aware of is the Akasa Vegas x7 RGB fan, and I don't like the look of that one as much as I do the CM fan(s).

The case in question is: www.anidees.com/ai-crystal/ai-crystal-l

I'm cooling an i7-7700k with a Corsair h100i and an ASUS Strix 1080ti.

I currently have 7 fans in the case:

2x 140mm intake for the main chamber
4x 120mm exhaust for the top (2 through the radiator in the main chamber, 2 through the side chamber)
1x 120mm exhaust in the rear of the main chamber.

I'm planning on replacing all fans and getting more for:

2x 140mm intake for the main chamber or 4x 120mm intake for both chambers
4x 120mm exhaust for the top
1x 120mm exhaust in the rear
1x 120mm intake on the bottom

Assuming this is the best configuration for the fans and radiator (because damn there are a lot of differing opinions), which configuration should I go with, and which fans in the series should I use? My thoughts are to go with the 4x 120mm in the front because it would look silly with only half of the front lit up and synced. As far as I'm aware, going with 140mm would only be preferable for noise, and after running two cards in crossfire for a long time, this is already much quieter.

The Cooler Master Pro RGB fans come in 3 varieties, Air Pressure, Air Balance, and Air Flow. The Cooler Master site and reviews don't agree on the use cases of some of these fans. The general consensus seems to be that Air Flow should be used for bottom intake and for exhaust but not for the radiator. Air Pressure should be used for the Radiator, even though it's exhausting air. The confusion seems to be with intake. Cooler Master is recommending the Air Pressure for the front intake while some reviews are recommending the Air Flow. Which would be the best choice? I'm assuming Air Balance isn't even an option here as if I'm spending stupid amounts of money on lighty-up fans, I might as well get ones that are specifically designed for their place in the case.

I can take pictures if absolutely necessary, but I haven't spent a lot of time on cable management because I didn't have the fans, and I'm also looking into getting custom sleeved cables.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Asus Aura RGB Case Cooling - Question 2 weeks 1 day ago #15816

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 67
Cost wise you should go with the least number of fans that you need -
2 on radiator at top
2 on front
1 on rear

I'd definitely run AirPressure fans on the radiator. It won't make much difference what you run elsewhere. Might as well buy all AirPressure fans. Use 140mm wherever you can - they don't need to spin as fast and so are queiter for the same airflow.
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, Samsung 250gb EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud
The following user(s) said Thank You: posar

Asus Aura RGB Case Cooling - Question 2 weeks 23 hours ago #15831

• posar
  • Lurker
I'm still up in the air on the size of the fans. The side chamber can support 3 80mm fans with the 2 140mm installed, but I really don't want to deal with that noise if I don't have to, and since there are no 80mm Aura compatible RGB fans...well, no real reason to get those fans then anyway. This is mostly a dumb vanity project, but if I can get it to look great and still cool effectively...well, obviously let's go with that. The question is, would I be ok with only having half the front light up?

Thanks for providing an explanation for your answers. I wasn't sure if, due to the number of fans and placement, it would really matter which I went with as long as I have the appropriate push-pull configuration.

Asus Aura RGB Case Cooling - Question 2 weeks 22 hours ago #15834

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 67
Push Pull makes hardly any difference to push or pull.

"would I be ok with only having half the front light up?" - that's up to you.
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, Samsung 250gb EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud
Moderators: 2ndPlayer, i7Baby
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds