Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mouse Mat Help

Mouse Mat Help 3 years 3 weeks ago #6631

• Karum
  • Lurker
Strangely a Google search didn't help so I thought I'd ask around here to see if anyone's experiences can be of any help.

I always have used a hard surface gaming mouse pad but when I purchased a new mouse recently the website threw in a gaming mat for free with it and I thought ok cool I'll try this.

It is a fabric mat and I really like how it protects my desk overall and my mouse runs very smoothly on it however it does seem to attract dust and dirt etc.

My question is, what is the easiest and best way to keep one of these buggers clean? I usually just use a duster type thing that I'd normally run over my TV and monitors/keyboard etc. but s there a better way?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Mouse Mat Help 3 years 3 weeks ago #6634

• Lelldorianx
  • GN Admin
  • o hai thar
  • Thank you received: 129
Haha, I actually experienced this with my mouse mats before I upgraded to a higher-end Razer eXactMat X (reviewed here).

The only thing I've found that works is to either use an anti-cling/anti-static cloth and wipe down the surface (which should keep it clean for a while, Dirt gaming rags work for this); you'll probably have to remove the dust surrounding the mat with some sort of swiffer/dusting device (I, sadly, am not well-versed in cleaning utilities). Once you get the dust out of the immediate area, the rags should keep it clean for a while.

I'm guessing the fabric on yours is what's attracting dust -- most of the ones I've used have been either cheapo $20 ones that are anti-static and rubbery or the one expensive one I have, which is a hard plastic exactmat x. Hopefully this helps somehow :P
Did we help you? Consider supporting GN's staff with a donation.
Buying from Newegg supports our staff through commissions.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief of GN.

Re: Mouse Mat Help 3 years 3 weeks ago #6636

• DrGong
  • GN Staff
  • Gaming, Design, Engineering, Music
  • Thank you received: 1
Do you know what it is made of? Usually a wet-ish rag and some compressed air do the trick, but I am not too sure what it is made of.

Maybe post a pic.

And even if your google-fu is not at the top of its game, we shall make this an easier destination for the googlefoo to be strong.

Re: Mouse Mat Help 3 years 3 weeks ago #6637

• Tribar
  • Dominating!
  • Thank you received: 2
What Gong said is probably the best option. I've never really had this problem though, I usually just wipe my (fabric) pad off with my hand and then all is well.

Re: Mouse Mat Help 3 years 3 weeks ago #6638

• general trymutos
  • Dominating!
  • Thank you received: 17
I have this mouse pad: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817114113

Honestly, it may not be cool looking but it is extremely comfortable and it is only 7 $ . The cool looking ones are usually 30$ +, so spend at your own risk lol.
Team Dawn of the Phoenix, GT
If you need help customizing a build, feel free to shoot me an e-mail (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ) .

Re: Mouse Mat Help 3 years 3 weeks ago #6642

• Lelldorianx
  • GN Admin
  • o hai thar
  • Thank you received: 129
The problem I had with the one you linked to is that the gel foam turned hard within a few months of use, and I need serious gel wrist protection since I use the computer all day -- you can actually buy $5 replacement gel pads for my Razer mouse pad, so in theory, you could just purchase the gel pad for $5 and stick it onto a mousing surface to build your own... haha.
Did we help you? Consider supporting GN's staff with a donation.
Buying from Newegg supports our staff through commissions.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief of GN.

Re: Mouse Mat Help 2 years 10 months ago #7105

• chanshark
  • First Blood!
  • Thank you received: 2
Well if you are using a laptop then i recommend that you get a case pad (btw a case bag is a case then on the back is a mouse pad mine works really well and iv had in for a while and i can carry my laptop and mouse in it :D)
Moderators: mikagmann2
Time to create page: 0.542 seconds
Sponsors: