Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Monitor Problem

Monitor Problem 2 months 5 days ago #15920

• Fre8k_gamer
  • Lurker
Hi, It's my second post on this forum and now I have a problem with my monitor.
Around 2 Months ago I bought this ( www.amazon.de/dp/B017DG09WM/ref=twister_...?_encoding=UTF8&th=1 ) monitor from Amazon and was happy when It arrived.
But after couple days I noticed something.
Youtube link to my vision of that Problem: youtu.be/WxvZHhvJqf8
If someone has a good advices what I should do please let me know.
I tried both HDMI and DP ports and it's the same thing on either port.

Really lokking forward to get an answer here. I will also contact Acer to show them the Problem but I don't really like that feeling when I just get an "Repair" of that thing and after 2 Weeks it's again broken.

Ohhh and I'm running the monitor on an ASUS GTX 970 STRIX OC
I also have a second monitor where I dont get such problems its an Samsung SyncMaster XL2270 HD
Last Edit: 2 months 5 days ago by Fre8k_gamer. Reason: Failed YT Link
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Monitor Problem 2 months 5 days ago #15921

• JD_And_Chocolatebear
  • GN Staff
  • Thank you received: 100
I would suggest completing uninstalling your video drivers ( www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-dri...taller-download.html use that program after uninstalling normally). Then reinstall the latest stable drivers for your GPU.

If that doesn't help try disconnecting the monitor and only using the Samsung for like a day and game some to make sure that your GPU isn't causing the issue.

If that doesn't help I suggest just RMAing your monitor. Amazon may take it back if you don't want to mess with Acer's customer service.

Truth be told, it really seems like your monitor is breaking/broken, but I would try the above first just to make sure before you go to the trouble of returning it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fre8k_gamer

Monitor Problem 2 months 5 days ago #15922

• Fre8k_gamer
  • Lurker
Thanks for that answer. But after you mentioned that Graphics driver reinstall. I remembered that I already talked to Acer Support, but I didn't had that video so I said that There are artifacts on my screen. They suggested a graphics driver reinstall and If that isn't helping I would need to get It to a repair.

but I will try it out again. And I dont think that the Video card is the Problem. The Samsung TV/Monitor is running via DVI-D for 4 Years straight now without one Problem. Even If I get those Problems on the Acer my Samsung is still running fine without even blackscreening for couple seconds it's allways on. But the Acer is my Primary Monitor so I can't get in the Nvidia Control panel while this is happening.

Sorry for all the Grammar and other Fails. I'm from Germany

Monitor Problem 2 months 5 days ago #15925

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 87
Then looks like you have to get Acer to help get it repaired. (The Amazon link didn't work for me). I gather its still in warranty and so you can do a RMA.
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, Samsung 250gb EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud
Last Edit: 2 months 4 days ago by i7Baby.

Monitor Problem 2 months 5 days ago #15926

• Birdhunter
  • First Blood!
  • Gamer, Modder, Engineer... the usual stuff.
  • Thank you received: 23
I don't know which Model the Acer Monitor is, but if it has an HDMI in port (I asume modt monitors have one nowadays), you can test the monitor with things other then your PC that also use HDMI (like a Setup Box, a BluRay Player, a Notebook, etc.). If you don't have another device that you can hook up, maybe you can "borrow" one from a friend or family member. This way, you could make sure which one is faulty (Monitor or GPU) before sending any of them in for repairs.
i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz | 2x8GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Blitz 1.1 | Z87 Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 | Asus ROG Poseidon GTX 1080 Ti | HyperX 3K SSDs | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass | Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1,2kW | Thermaltake Riing RGB | Long Sig! | XSPC RayStorm | Alphacool NexXxoS 420 XT45 | Alphacool Eisbecher & Laing DDC 3.25 & Alphacool Aurora RGB | Hardline PETG Tubing | EKWB CryoFuel AcidGreen | Green&Black Sleeved Cables | Acer Predator Z35 | Still reading? | Logitech G302 + G633 + G410 | etc.

Monitor Problem 2 months 5 days ago #15927

• Fre8k_gamer
  • Lurker
Well thanks to all that answers. I will try that out with other devices to hock up but I first need to find one.
And for all the Amazon Link is an Acer Predator XB271HU ( The 27" 2560x1440 IPS)

Monitor Problem 3 weeks 5 days ago #16037

• benwoody
  • Lurker
I also agree that video card is not the issue.

Monitor Problem 3 weeks 9 hours ago #16083

• stevepelton
  • Lurker
Hi, it can also be a issue of RAM.
Moderators: 2ndPlayer, i7Baby
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds