Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Seeking recommendation for E-ATX cube case

Seeking recommendation for E-ATX cube case 3 weeks 4 days ago #15967

• tjsnhgaming
  • Lurker
Hello all,

I'm going to be starting a new build soon and need case recommendations. It'll be a TR4 build with an E-ATX motherboard, open loop cooling, so needs a little extra length.

My current 'regular' ATX build uses a Corsair Carbide case that I am generally happy with, but its not 'long' enough to comfortably fit an E-ATX board, nevermind cooling parts.

I'm looking for a similar-ish cube case that is E-ATX compatible, and still vertically mounts the motherboard (not a horizontal mount like the Thermaltake X5 does).

Any suggestions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Seeking recommendation for E-ATX cube case 3 weeks 3 days ago #15972

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 77
I gather if you don't like the X5, you won't like the X9 - www.pccasegear.com/products/30397/therma...9-e-atx-cube-chassis

What about a P5 - www.pccasegear.com/products/37315/therma...-glass-black-edition ?

Or a Win 509 - www.pccasegear.com/products/36735/in-win...-with-tempered-glass?

Cubes are usually made for ATX or mATX.
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, Samsung 250gb EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud

Seeking recommendation for E-ATX cube case 3 weeks 2 days ago #15973

• tjsnhgaming
  • Lurker
Yeah the X9 is similarly out - really hopeful to find something vertically mounted, but with the PSU in the "back" chamber. Wide, even if not "cube". The lack of length is the challenge I've run into.

The 509 you linked actually looks pretty promising even without being dual chambered, though it doesn't look like there is a lot of room behind/under the motherboard for cable management - anyone have experience with solid-front cases like that? I'd be curious how they do for intake air compared to a mesh-front case, I generally mount my radiator bottom-front.

Seeking recommendation for E-ATX cube case 3 weeks 2 days ago #15974

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 77
I like the warm air from radiators to be blown out of the case. I mount mine on top.
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, Samsung 250gb EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud

Seeking recommendation for E-ATX cube case 3 weeks 2 days ago #15976

• Birdhunter
  • First Blood!
  • Gamer, Modder, Engineer... the usual stuff.
  • Thank you received: 16
I switched from the Corsair Air 540 to now a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe for a similar reason:
My E-ATX board did fit, but not a 400+ radiator.
The Enthoo now has a 420 radiator, decent room under the shroud for cables (even with my big psu down there) and I can still have 6 harddrives (if i wanted to).

I had a Corsair Obsidian 750D (the non-airflow version with the solid cover in the front) between the two because it was the only case I could find that could fit a 2x200 (yes, a 400) radiator. temperatures and airflow were highly restricted, though and I got at least about 10-20°C more, sometimes even worse, because of that fron cover. A case with decent cutouts in the top or sides would be less worse, but you're still looking at 5-10°C more. I was running two 290Xs though, so I don't expect other peoples performance to suffer quite as much.

Edit:
If you have the Budget, a Thermaltake W200, Lian-Li PC-O8X or something from CaseLabs would be an option.

Thermaltake Core P7 TG or "The Tower 900" are also similar to cubes (with the P7 TGs side-panels hinged backwards).
i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz | 2x8GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Blitz 1.1 | Z87 Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 | Asus ROG Poseidon GTX 1080 Ti | Kingston HyperX 3K | Phanteks Enthoo Primo Tempered Glass | Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1200W | Thermaltake Riing RGB | XSPC RayStorm | Alphacool NexXxoS 420 XT45 | Alphacool Eisbecher + Laing DDC 3.25 + Alphacool Aurora RGB | Hardline PETG Tubing | This is ridiculous | EKWB CryoFuel AcidGreen | Green&Black Sleeved Cables | Acer Predator Z35 | Logitech G302 + G633 + G510s | etc..
Last Edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by Birdhunter.
Moderators: 2ndPlayer, i7Baby
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds