Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pump confusion

Pump confusion 1 week 6 days ago #16338

• Kodon
  • Lurker
Heya,

I own the Alphacool Eiswolf 120 GPX that I use on my 1080ti and it works great,
Now I feel like upgrading the system and I'd like to use a different pump.

I'd prefer to keep the Eiswolf in the loop but don't know if it is wise to put in a second pump in the loop as it would run at a different speed.

Would it be possible to leave the Eiswolfs pump unplugged and use it as a downgraded waterblock?
I would'nt like to run both pumps as that would drain more power.

Any ideas? I also thought about running the pumps in serial, but leaving one pump disabled would be prefered.

www.alphacool.com/shop/-neue-produkte-/2...e-gtx-1080-m16-black

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pump confusion 1 week 6 days ago #16342

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 96
If you want to upgrade an All In One CPU Cooler then you replace it. The Eiswolf is made so that you can add another component to be cooled (eg your CPU). But not add another pump.

Do you think there's something wrong with it's pump? Is it still on warranty? Can you increase pump speed?
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, Samsung 250gb EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud

Pump confusion 1 week 6 days ago #16344

• Kodon
  • Lurker
There is nothing wrong with this pump but I don't think it's good enough for all the components I'd like to add into the loop.

The Eiswolf is not a real AIO since you can freely unscrew the fittings and stuff.

What I'd do is just removing the tubing and use my own in a much bigger loop.

So there is no way of using it like a waterblock?

Pump confusion 1 week 5 days ago #16347

• Birdhunter
  • First Blood!
  • Gamer, Modder, Engineer... the usual stuff.
  • Thank you received: 35
You could use an Alphacool Eisbaer (or a Reservoir/Pump combination with an Alphacool DC-LT pump), as they are specifically designed to run in series in the same loop with an Eiswolf.

There are dedicated Tube- and Bay-Reservoirs aswell as Caps available for DC-LT pumps.

On first glance, the Eiswolf looks like it's compatible with an Alphacool GPX block - which means you would only have to replace that block and not the whole heatsink, which would lower the cost. But I would ask Alphacool first, if they are compatible/interchangable.

Running two pumps in series is ok (actually, even better then standard one-pump-loops), as long as it's the same pump running at the same voltage.

Running the loop with the Eiswolf-Pump dissabled is possible, but a bad idea, as your second pump will have to work harder to overcome the additional resistance.
i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz | 2x8GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Blitz 1.1 | Z87 Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 | Asus ROG Poseidon GTX 1080 Ti | HyperX 3K SSDs | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass | Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1,2kW | Thermaltake Riing RGB | Long Sig! | XSPC RayStorm | Alphacool NexXxoS 420 XT45 | Alphacool Eisbecher & Laing DDC 3.25 & Alphacool Aurora RGB | Hardline PETG Tubing | EKWB CryoFuel AcidGreen | Green&Black Sleeved Cables | Acer Predator Z35 | Still reading? | Logitech G302 + G633 + G410 | etc.
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Birdhunter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kodon
Moderators: 2ndPlayer, i7Baby
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds