Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Used Graphics card! Need help to find the MAX.

Used Graphics card! Need help to find the MAX. 1 week 5 days ago #16349

• Scarface
  • Lurker
Hey Guys I need help.
1 week ago I purchased an used Asus ROG Strix 1080ti (non OC Verison) on Amazon.
I worked at Amazon so I know that the warehouse(20% off) deals can be good deals cause sometimes the package is just damaged and is not second hand.
Still naturllay I´m worried if the card I got can hold up with a new Asus ROG 1080ti. (Silicon Lottery)

My question now is how can I find out the best way the maximum OC on my card ? And I saw from reviewers that I should expact around 2000Mhz of the Card is this right ?

I haven´t had a PC since 7 Years (only Laptop) so I´m new to Overclocking. Still I don´t want to give away any performance cause that´s the reason for me to get a new PC in the first place.
By the way the Card is running fine normally in my Setup and dont even sweat, at any point, no matter what I play. But I need to add that I´m currently only having an 1080p Monitor so no wonder it doesnt sweat. (I will update to 4k 60fps or 1440p 160fps soon)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Used Graphics card! Need help to find the MAX. 1 week 5 days ago #16352

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 96
"how can I find out the best way the maximum OC on my card ?" Trial and error, look at what others have done eg YouTube videos. eg www.overclockersclub.com/guides/nvidia_gtx_1080ti_oc_guide/

"should I expect around 2000 Mhz of the Card is this right ?" Yes

" I´m new to Overclocking" Download, install and use MSI Afterburner.
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, Samsung 250gb EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: 2ndPlayer, i7Baby
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds