Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: PC Case/Build Help

PC Case/Build Help 1 week 15 hours ago #16379

• Vlad
  • Lurker
Hey Nexus,

I'm currently trying to build my own gaming build from scratch and I'm neither good or bad at doing this sort of stuff. I have a few questions before I spend this much, like:

• Are the parts compatible? (Pretty sure they are but I could use a more knowledge person)
  • Should I change anything? (please look into the cooling system, I'm kinda clueless with that)
  • The SSD that I got now on my build is on PCI connection, should I change to a normal one that has 500gb instead? I was thinking on getting this one for windows and eventually get a normal SSD with a higher memory for my needs.
  • Most importantly, I don't know what case to buy. I could use some suggestions.
    With the pc case, I'm mostly scared because I have 2 cats. They tend to go for anything that spins (must be durable, scratch resistant) and they leave a lot of hair (some kind of filter?). I also want it to be pretty, if possible. :)
    I see the Corsair 600C Inverse ATX Full Tower is suggested a lot on the website, is there anything better? more options?
  • What / How many fans should I get on the case?
  • And the last question, is there a better monitor in that price range? Considering I'm planning on buying 2 eventually, I don't want to spend too much on a monitor. I'm not trying to go all out.

I'm obviously planning on gaming on it with probably streaming. I currently play Black Desert, pretty intense game on the GPU/CPU. (My G74sx laptop knows better xD) .
The temperature in my country also gets up to 30-35~ C (86-95F) in the summer, even worst sometimes.

I currently have

Motherboard: MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON
Processor: i7 8th Gen 8700K
Video Card GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC 11 GB GDDR5X 352-bit
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6E250BW)
HDD: WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive (WD10EZEX)
Memory RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz (PC4 24000) C15 Memory Kit - Black
Power Supply: Corsair CS650M
www.amazon.com/Corsair-CS650M-Modular-Su...eries+Modular+CS650M
CPU Cooler: Enermax Liqmax II 240
www.amazon.com/Enermax-LIQMAX-Performanc...nermax+Liqmax+II+240
Monitor: Asus VG278Q 144Hz
www.amazon.com/1080p-Gaming-LED-Lit-Moni...s=ASUS+Gaming+VG278Q
Keyboard Gaming Corsair K70 RAPIDFIRE
Mouse: I currently have the g900 logitech (loving it!)

Thanks, everyone and sorry for my english, this is why I only lurk <3

(Had links to everything, forum didn't let me post this many, sorry :<)
Last Edit: 1 week 14 hours ago by Vlad.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PC Case/Build Help 1 week 9 hours ago #16380

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 96
Using PartPicker helps check parts compatability.

Starting point is your case. It has to fit motherboard, cpu cooler, PSU
The 600C should be OK but you need to check.
I'd get a better quality PSU for this build. See www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/ps...t.html#xtor=EPR-8886

Your 960EVO M.2 SSD will be a great OS drive.

You need to check that your RAM is listed as OK by the motherboard website. Get 2x8GB rather than 1 x 16GB - runs faster.

With a 1080Ti, I'd get one fast ultrawide 3440x1440 monitor rather than 2 x 1080p.

I would leave the case with the fans it comes with.
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, Samsung 250gb EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud
Last Edit: 1 week 9 hours ago by i7Baby.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

PC Case/Build Help 1 week 8 hours ago #16381

• Vlad
  • Lurker
Thanks, i7baby. I actually made a partpicker after I posted this. I didn't edit because for some reason the website is down on my internet. Seems to work fine on 4g... no idea what is going on.

Anyway, part picker is here
pcpartpicker.com/list/fkHN3F

I've actually changed the 1080ti, looked better.
Decided to go for a sata ssd because from what I've read pci doesn't help on games, only on high data transfers (100gb and up).
Changed to an asrock z370 mb from the msi. The case I'm indeed kinda set for the 600c. It's really beautiful and only seen good reviews.

Now, on what you suggested. Will look into another power supply. I didn't know it needs something better . Pcpartpicker said it needs 434W to run, on gamersnexus I've seen you usually need 100W+ over that. Thought a 650W is enough

The monitor, if you meant the huge displays, I'm not a fan. I need 2 screens, one for browsing/watching things and the other for gaming. Probably going later with a 3 display depending on how much space i'll have.

Thanks for the good news on the stock fans. This way I can probably upgrade later makes my life easier

EDIT: This is the final build pcpartpicker.com/list/fkHN3F
With ASUS Gaming VG278Q www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236821

They don't have the monitor on pcpartpicker for some reason. The final price in my country is around 2 806 Euro. (Hoping for some good deals on black friday)

Now I'm still open for debate xD Especially on that monitor. I don't even know if I should go for the 27 inch display or pick a smaller version.
Last Edit: 1 week 5 hours ago by Vlad.

PC Case/Build Help 6 days 21 hours ago #16386

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 96
CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($414.89 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Enermax - Liqmax II 240 96.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming K6 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($161.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($194.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($148.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.78 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB AORUS Video Card ($768.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair - Carbide Clear 600C ATX Full Tower Case ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - PRIME Titanium 750W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($165.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: Asus - VG278HV 27.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor ($299.00 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Corsair - Vengeance K95 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($149.99 @ Corsair)
Mouse: Logitech - G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Optical Mouse (Purchased For $0.00)
Total: $2583.47

Looks pretty good. You've got an A1 quality PSU now.

I put my 240mm radiator at the top and everything seems fine. I use the fans that came with my case - 200mm front, 140mm rear.

I'm really happy with my 34in monitor. And you can split the screen if you want to multitask. But it depends on how much space you've got. 34in is easier than 2 or 3 screens.
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, Samsung 250gb EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud

PC Case/Build Help 6 days 15 hours ago #16389

• Birdhunter
  • First Blood!
  • Gamer, Modder, Engineer... the usual stuff.
  • Thank you received: 35
A GTX 1080ti is a little overkill for a 1080p monitor.

The sweetspot right now is around 27" (or 35" if ultrawide), 1440p, GSync, IMHO.

1080p on 27" is a ted too low on pixel density for my taste - but that's just personal preference and also depends on how close you are sitting to the screen.

GSync isn't necessary, but a nice cherry on top and would fit this high end build.

But you could go with a cheaper "secondary" monitor first and then add a better "main" monitor sometime later, to stay within the budget for this build.

You don't have to, but it feels a little bit like a wasted opportunity when you spend this much for a really nice system and then hook it up to a cheap monitor - especially considering that monitors are usually used for two or three "upgrade cycles" and "future proofing" does make sense in this particular area.

The PSU is a ted overkill with 750W.
550W to 600W would be enough, if you don't plan for a second GPU - good brand and quality, though, so nice choice there.

A 240 or 280 AiO is what I would've recommended aswell. The Liqmax is solid, but if you want to add some lighting, one with some RGBs would be an easy upgrade here. It's mainly aesthetic though, so your call if you want to spend the extra money.

Tipp: Mount the Radiator on the front, with the tubes coming out at the bottom and the fans behind it (pull configuration). It prevents the air getting trapped in the pump (less noise and better for the pump) and the radiator is easier to clean with the fans on the inner side.

You can still use the included LED fans - one in the rear and one on the bottom front. That bottom fan will also help with VRM temperatures.

Oh, and one thing: Windows License. Often gets overlooked ;-)
i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz | 2x8GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Blitz 1.1 | Z87 Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 | Asus ROG Poseidon GTX 1080 Ti | HyperX 3K SSDs | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass | Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1,2kW | Thermaltake Riing RGB | Long Sig! | XSPC RayStorm | Alphacool NexXxoS 420 XT45 | Alphacool Eisbecher & Laing DDC 3.25 & Alphacool Aurora RGB | Hardline PETG Tubing | EKWB CryoFuel AcidGreen | Green&Black Sleeved Cables | Acer Predator Z35 | Still reading? | Logitech G302 + G633 + G410 | etc.

PC Case/Build Help 6 days 13 hours ago #16391

• Vlad
  • Lurker
Thanks to you! Figured out from the link you gave me. Had a really bad psu before. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Fans are pretty good price and if I'm not satisfied with the sound/temperature I'll go for something else. I didn't know stock fans actually work for something other than getting the price up.

Someone in my family has one. I can't seem to enjoy the split screening on 1 monitor and I can't enjoy a screen like that. It distracts me and makes me dizzy. On top of that, I think I need a curved screen for it to work since I'll place it in a corner ^^
Probably because I currently use a laptop and it has a 17" display. Makes everything bigger look bad until I get used to it (just like bigger smartphones)

With a monitor support, something like this
www.pcgarage.ro/suport-tv-monitor/sbox/l...-3-13-24-inch-black/
and probably a 3 screen set-up at 24 inch, I can squeeze them in the corner.

Currently thinking about this
www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-24-gaming-m...-monitor-accessories
Refresh rate looks great and is a 24". But, I still have 12 days until black friday, enough to change the monitor a few more times. xD

PC Case/Build Help 6 days 11 hours ago #16392

• Vlad
  • Lurker
I totally missed your comment Birdhunter, sorry about that.

Well, I really can't go for a bigger monitor then 27inch. If i do get one, 68cm+ is a bit high for what space I got in my apartment. I have around 95 with 95 corner desk, rather small. I either go for 1 monitor or i'm stuck with smaller screens.
The desk table top is something like this (only talking about the shape of the tabletop)
www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/childrens-ik...-brown-art-50244741/
With the build under and the monitors eventually on the wall.
It's not from Ikea so I can order it any way I want but the shape must be that way because of space.

I did read up on monitors, that is why I changed from the ASUS .
I've said it in my other post, probably going for Dell
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item...0004-00551-_-Product
It has 24" 2560x1440 with 165Hz and Gsync.
It may not be the greatest but it's the only monitor I found with Gsync(why does asus hate Gsync?) and good refresh rate while keeping a smaller size and not going for IPS.

IPS adds up like 200$ to the price around here, I find that a bit crazy.

I'll check on the PSU, i wanted a good quality and brand, couldn't find one smaller. Guess i got that right minus the W xD Only found a 750 and 1000+ versions.

Will look at the rgb version, thanks for the heads up. xD

The windows, I did go legal whit my laptop. Will use that license hehe

On the tip, I didn't really get what you said I should do with the tubes but I really appreciate any help with the cooling system. I never did this.
So, I should take the radiator from Liqmax II 240, place it on the front of the case, tubes going down on the case not up? with the "fans" taking air from outside(is that what pull config is?) while the tubes are in front of the fans? (tubes between the case and the fans)
Last Edit: 6 days 11 hours ago by Vlad.

PC Case/Build Help 5 days 21 hours ago #16397

• Birdhunter
  • First Blood!
  • Gamer, Modder, Engineer... the usual stuff.
  • Thank you received: 35
This is what I meant with "tubes down":

www.corsair.com/en-eu/~/media/29DF876644...5B479D9C9.ashx?w=380

This way, the pump and tubes are always below the water line and never suck in air. Any air left in the loop will gather on the top of the radiator.

I would just recommend going
Dustfilter->Radiator->Fan
instead of the shown config
Dustfilter->Fan->Radiator.

The first one is called "pull configuration", because the fans pull air through the radiator. The second one is "push configuration" (shown in picture).

Pull doesn't loose much cooling performance (if at all), but makes it easier to clean the radiator without having to unscrew the fans.
i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz | 2x8GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Blitz 1.1 | Z87 Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 | Asus ROG Poseidon GTX 1080 Ti | HyperX 3K SSDs | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass | Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1,2kW | Thermaltake Riing RGB | Long Sig! | XSPC RayStorm | Alphacool NexXxoS 420 XT45 | Alphacool Eisbecher & Laing DDC 3.25 & Alphacool Aurora RGB | Hardline PETG Tubing | EKWB CryoFuel AcidGreen | Green&Black Sleeved Cables | Acer Predator Z35 | Still reading? | Logitech G302 + G633 + G410 | etc.
Moderators: 2ndPlayer, i7Baby
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds