Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Need advice (case)

Need advice (case) 5 days 2 hours ago #17285

• mikzah
  • Lurker
Hi guys.

I have a current config:

CPU: Core i7-8700 (manual voltage 1.165V with constant 4.3Ghz all cores)
GPU: GTX 1080 8Gb Palit JetStream
MB: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
RAM: 2x8Gb Samsung 3466 17-19-19-39 2R
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb + Transcend D370S 256Gb
HDD: WD Se 1Tb 7200rpm
Cooler: Thermalright Le GRAND MACHO RT with stock fan on 80%
Б\П: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 720W
ATX: Aerocool LS-5200 + 3x Thermalright TY-147A SQ (2 on front panel and 1 back panel) on 55%

Recently, I began to think about changing the case. What can I buy to replace the old case? The goal is to get a cardinal difference in cooling and noise reduction. The noise comes first. And that the dimensions were not much larger than the current case.

Thanks.
Last Edit: 5 days 2 hours ago by mikzah.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need advice (case) 4 days 7 hours ago #17287

• BrutalBubu
  • Lurker
First of all the cases are always a personal preference. One might look cool to me which might not for you.

But still I would suggest you to have some preferences when choosing a case.
1. The size - a Mid tower is always good enough for the system you have there
2. The side panel - are you crazy for those bling bling RGB effects? Then get yourself something with a transparent side panel.
3. Side panel quality - Tempered glass is preferred over the Acrylic (plastic) panels. May be get a tinted (smoked) glass panel over the fully transparent ones, it will reduce the brightness of the blings but at the same time gives you the full view - a soothing LED effect.
4. Now the most important one - the space - cooling is very crucial part - there are some fans which would come in build - check the fans spec- always try to have fans with less than 34-35dB sound level. Anything less than 30dB is considered as silent.
5. At least 2-3 Front fans, 2 Top, 1 Back, 1 Bottom, in some case there is a provision for a side panel fan too, you can install as much as needed to keep a balances airflow.
6. The cable management and drive options should be enough
7. Look out for the number and typesof USB ports on the front
8. Budget

There are still some points to cover while choosing the right Cabinet. However it still ends at your personal choice.

Need advice (case) 4 days 7 hours ago #17288

• Saadharta
  • Lurker
  • Thank you received: 1
i agree with 3) : my Carbid 600C does the job nicely however the acrylic panel didn't enjoyed the heat coming from my GPU after long hours of use and isn't that flat anymore... Despite this default, i'm huge fan of this reverse case.
help a newbie, get cookies

Need advice (case) 4 days 4 hours ago #17293

• mikzah
  • Lurker
Let's start with the budget - no more than 200$. The height of the CPU cooler is from 170mm and higher. There is a good cable management. It's desirable that the whole body is not glass. Ideally, without RGB or other extra frills. I repeat, the cardinal change in cooling and noise level in priority.

Need advice (case) 2 days 18 hours ago #17311

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 128
You have an almost limitless choice - www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?...VisNav-_-ATXMidTower

I like the Darkbase 700 - www.bequiet.com/en/case/1203
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, 250gb 960 EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 1TB 850 EVO (video scratch), 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud
Moderators: 2ndPlayer, i7Baby
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds