Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Custom gpu cooling

Custom gpu cooling 2 months 1 day ago #17294

• Akogutiak
  • Lurker
Hi everyone.
I need some help with my gpu cooling. I recently bough a 1060 3gb zotac mini with a broken cooler for very cheap. Ive replaced it with a normal case fan 80mm, though it still reaches 82 celsius, which i believe is quite high for that chip.
Ive seen that the bolt pattern in 1060 fits with 560, 570 and some other gpus. Ive found 560 cooling for around 10usd, my question is it compatible with my 1060. As i dont have the budget for a 30usd++ aftermarket cooling.
Any help is appreciated.

P.s. replaced teemal paste to mx-4. Gpu temps under 5min stress test, then speed lowers. Tmeps withopen case
Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by Akogutiak.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Custom gpu cooling 2 months 8 hours ago #17304

• Birdhunter
  • Dominating!
  • Gamer, Modder, Engineer... the usual stuff.
  • Thank you received: 75
From what I read (link at the end), that heatsink is a little lackluster and the GPU throttles at around 82°C, at which point it's lowering its clockspeeds. So your cooler/card is working "as intended", it's simply not that good to begin with.

While the bolt pattern might fit, there's also the chips height and VRM clearance that's important. I don't know if the die/chip height is the same, but if the 560 is for a thicker pakage, it might leave you with the heatsink hovering over the chip instead of touching it - and performance would suffer obviously. And if it interferes with the VRM/Chockes, then it won't even go on.

You could obviously modify it then to make fit - but I have no idea, if that'll be possible and work.

www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForc...60_Mini_3_GB/33.html
i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz | 2x8GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Blitz 1.1 | Z87 Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 | Asus ROG Poseidon GTX 1080 Ti | HyperX 3K SSDs | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass | Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1,2kW | Thermaltake Riing RGB | Long Sig! | XSPC RayStorm | Alphacool NexXxoS 420 XT45 | Alphacool Eisbecher & Laing DDC 3.25 & Alphacool Aurora RGB | Hardline PETG Tubing | EKWB CryoFuel AcidGreen | Green&Black Sleeved Cables | Acer Predator Z35 | Still reading? | Logitech G302 + G633 + G410 | etc.

Custom gpu cooling 1 month 4 weeks ago #17308

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 140
What case fan did you use? How did you mount it? - exact replacement for original fan? Can you post a photo?
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, 250gb 960 EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 1TB 850 EVO (video scratch), 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud

Custom gpu cooling 1 month 4 weeks ago #17317

• Akogutiak
  • Lurker
Thanks for tthe advice, wish i would listen... ;(

So i bough the 570 heatsink, but i couldnt make it fit as it itnterfered with other components. If i had proper tools to bend the heatpipes, i would be able to make it fit.

I probably found a solution now. I found a cheap server cooler with aluminum+ copper inside. It has a flat base, the same as the stock zotac one, so from what i think, i can just drill 4 holes and screw the gpu. The good thing is, the gpu has 4rubber pads around the dye, that perfectly set the amount of gap between gpu and heatsink.

Its just a normal 80mm case fan, glued it in the centre of the aluminum heatsink. It fits perfectly on the borders of the heatsink.

Ill update on what i ended up with.
Moderators: 2ndPlayer, i7Baby
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds