Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Need some advice with pc case

Need some advice with pc case 2 months 20 hours ago #17296

• Phalonges
  • Lurker
Hei, need some help in picking a pc case for my new computer. Recently bought parts of a friend of mine. My my max price is 65 pounds. So many reviews on cases so got a bit stuck. Thanks in advance :-D

This is the hardwear im using.
Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600Mhz 8GB
Asus Sabertooth X79
Intel Core I7 3930k
Noctua NH14
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980 4GB G1 Gaming
Last Edit: 2 months 20 hours ago by Phalonges.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need some advice with pc case 2 months 9 hours ago #17300

• Saadharta
  • Lurker
  • Thank you received: 1
You're looking for a small ATX case which allows at least 320mm graphic card
Also, looking for your CPU cooler gave me few troubles, since i found the NH-D14, the NH-C14.. but no 'NH14'. Therefore i guess it is 158mm heigh?

if yes, you might check the Antec GX200, it comes with one 120mm back fan (If you choose the Blue or Red Edition, you'll have 2 extra 120 front fan included). However, the power supply isn't included (are you also looking for one, since you didn't specified yours?)
help a newbie, get cookies
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phalonges

Need some advice with pc case 2 months 8 hours ago #17301

• Phalonges
  • Lurker
hei Saadharta. have a power supply and the cpu cooler is the Noctua NH-D14. Gonne look into the Antec GX200.
Looked into a couple cases from gamers nexus top budget cases of 2017, and found the Corsair 270R and cooler master masterbox 5. Any idea which òne you get the most for your buck?

Need some advice with pc case 2 months 8 hours ago #17302

• Birdhunter
  • Dominating!
  • Gamer, Modder, Engineer... the usual stuff.
  • Thank you received: 75
So that's a (Full Size) ATX Motherboard,
a 300mm long GPU and a 160mm high CPU cooler, at around 88$.

An NZXT S340 or Phanteks Eclipse P400 would be good looking (Glass Sides and all),
Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M if you are looking for good quality (with good airflow),
or the Cooler Master Masterbox.

Those are at least the ones, that come to my mind atm. Other then Thermals, the Size, Design/Looks and Noise Supression are important aswell, but it's up to you to choose, what's more important.

But with the HW you have, I would look into having AT LEAST one intake fan (if mesh front) or two (if not) and a rear exhaust. For an overclocked i7 and a 980, that's the bare minimum.

There are some cheaper cases available aswell, but Quality and Building Experience are obviously going to suffer for that price.

And stay away from included Power Supplys - they suck (in the vast majority of cases).
i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz | 2x8GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Blitz 1.1 | Z87 Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 | Asus ROG Poseidon GTX 1080 Ti | HyperX 3K SSDs | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass | Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1,2kW | Thermaltake Riing RGB | Long Sig! | XSPC RayStorm | Alphacool NexXxoS 420 XT45 | Alphacool Eisbecher & Laing DDC 3.25 & Alphacool Aurora RGB | Hardline PETG Tubing | EKWB CryoFuel AcidGreen | Green&Black Sleeved Cables | Acer Predator Z35 | Still reading? | Logitech G302 + G633 + G410 | etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phalonges

Need some advice with pc case 1 month 4 weeks ago #17310

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 140
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, 250gb 960 EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 1TB 850 EVO (video scratch), 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud
Moderators: 2ndPlayer, i7Baby
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds