Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What the best kit for professional FPS Gaming?

What the best kit for professional FPS Gaming? 2 months 10 hours ago #17299

• Heizern
  • Lurker
In technical or practical terms, what is the best kit for a professional FPS gaming? PUBG ~ CSGO ~ BATTLEFIELD ~ COD ... Want the best performance, please see the CXB, I want to know what the best performance independent of the $ value. :twisted:

MOUSE: Logitech G903 Wireless
MOUSEPAD: Logitech GPowerplay
KEYBOARD: Ducky One TKL RGB
HEADSET: Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless

MOUSE: Steelseries Rival 600
MOUSEPAD: Steelseries Qck Prism rgb
KEYBOARD: Steelseries M750 TKL
HEADSET: Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless

MOUSE: Zowie ZA12
MOUSEPAD: Zowie G-SR
KEYBOARD: Ducky One 2 TKL /ou/ Drevo Excalibur
HEADSET: Steelseries Arctis Pro /ou/ Hyperx Flight

MOUSE: Razer Lancehead TE
MOUSEPAD: Razer Firefly
KEYBOARD: Razer TE v2 TKL
HEADSET: Steelseries Arctis Pro /ou/ kraken pro v2
OU Mouse e mousepad HYPERFLUX
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What the best kit for professional FPS Gaming? 1 month 4 weeks ago #17309

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 140
After years of gaming to become a 'professional' you will have tried many combinations of PC peripherals. But it's no good having these without having mind blowing hardware and great internet connections.

You can do a google search on each of the items to find opinions on what's the best. eg
MOUSE - www.engadget.com/2018/03/16/the-best-gaming-mouse/
PAD - depends on what size and what material you like plus how you play.
KEYBOARD - au.pcmag.com/keyboards-products/8885/gui...ng-keyboards-of-2018
HEADSET - www.techradar.com/news/computing-compone...ming-headset-1322675
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, 250gb 960 EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 1TB 850 EVO (video scratch), 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud

What the best kit for professional FPS Gaming? 1 month 4 weeks ago #17312

• Heizern
  • Lurker
I will use a very highend configuration.
8700k + Asus Z390? + 16gb 3200 c14 gskill + 1tb samsung 970 evo + gtx 1180 + TT Pacific M360 + Core p5.

I'm Brazilian, and here in Brazil everyone told me about zowie's mice, but I think nowadays there might be better mice with better sensors and design. I am very interested in rival 600, Razer Lancehead or Logitech g903, I am very much in doubt of these. But maybe I end up opting for a more minimalist setup with zowie already so simple and pale. I am looking at the appearance, aesthetic, I believe that everyone has similar performance, and what I found most beautiful so far without any doubt in my opinion was the Razer Lancehead, that beautiful mouse :mrgreen:

but the razer products are much criticized here in Brazil, and it seems that out there in the gringa as well.

What the best kit for professional FPS Gaming? 1 month 4 weeks ago #17313

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 140
Got a good monitor?
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, 250gb 960 EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 1TB 850 EVO (video scratch), 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud

What the best kit for professional FPS Gaming? 1 month 4 weeks ago #17316

• Birdhunter
  • Dominating!
  • Gamer, Modder, Engineer... the usual stuff.
  • Thank you received: 75
Back in 'ye olde time', there was a player (whose name I can't remember), who played on at top tier level (I think UT or Quake) and won several trophies and Championships...

... with a cutting board he borrowed from his moms kitchen. No joke! Even after he made Sponsor-Deals with Peripheral-Brands, he kept on using his old, trusty cutting board.

The answer as to why is simple: Muscle Memory.

By switching to "better gear", you have to get used to the changes in feedback, speed, etc and will feel "uncomfortable" at first. Those changes and re-training of the muscle memory is the worst thing that can happens, especially in an FPS game, where your performance relies on aiming, quick scopping, etc.

And the loss of comfort because you play with something unfamiliar can lead to additional stress - you don't feel "at home" anymore - which makes it more difficult to concentrate.

This is also why a lot of people don't like the fact, that in certain events and teams the organiser/owner forces players to use the peripherals from a sponsor, rather then what they have trained with for years.

The best mouse is not from a brand name,
it's neither laser nor optical and it's not wireless or wired. It's what you feel comfortable with and what you are used to. Same goes for Keyboard, Chairs, and basically anything else that you touch and look at for long timespans.

The stuff you listed is a goid example of that:
While the G902 is long and relatively narrow and flat,
the Zowie ZA12 has a higher bump and is more closer to a cheap OEM (Dell, HP, etc) mouse,
while the Razer Lancehead has a wider Base
and the Rival 600 having long, "flatter" mouse buttons with a straight edge at the end.
While all of them probably have low latency, next to no acceleration (if any) and good (or good enough) quality, one might feel like a wonderfull soft pillow to your hand, while the other might gove you the cramps after just a few minutes of playing.

The best you can do is to go to a shop (or friends, nerds, etc) and test different models hands on. Even if they don't have the exact model, you'll feel what forms and designs work and which shapes are uncomfortable. With that knowledge, you can then look for similarly shaped peripherals and buy accordingly.

I personally have been using a heavy, low-dpi setup with cloth pad, a g700(s) and a rubber-dome keyboard for years. However, I now switched to a hard pad, a g302 (with "midrange" dpi settings) and a keyboard with romer-g switches. Even though I use Cherry MX blue switches at and a logitech mx master at work, I love my new Personal setup and wouldn't trade anything for it, because the other HW - while still bering top notch and fully functional - doesn't feel that comfortable anymore.

It just shows that all is down to personal taste and what's comfortable, but even that can change over time.

TL;DR:
Buy what's the most comfortable and not what marketing (or other influences) want you to buy.
i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz | 2x8GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Blitz 1.1 | Z87 Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 | Asus ROG Poseidon GTX 1080 Ti | HyperX 3K SSDs | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass | Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1,2kW | Thermaltake Riing RGB | Long Sig! | XSPC RayStorm | Alphacool NexXxoS 420 XT45 | Alphacool Eisbecher & Laing DDC 3.25 & Alphacool Aurora RGB | Hardline PETG Tubing | EKWB CryoFuel AcidGreen | Green&Black Sleeved Cables | Acer Predator Z35 | Still reading? | Logitech G302 + G633 + G410 | etc.
Moderators: 2ndPlayer, i7Baby
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds