Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: how to ID unique CPU

how to ID unique CPU 1 week 1 day ago #18143

• BMWTRG
  • Lurker
hey guys,
im new on this forum and i need your help.
i want to send my 8700k to silicon lottery for a delid and binning,my concern is,what tells me they wont keep my cpu and give me an other one if mine achieve very good result.they could tell me as well "oh we fried it so theres a new one achieving 4.7ghz...)
i tried to see if there is a unique serial number attached to it bus seems they stoped doing it.
my plan was to mark it so i can know its mine when they send it back,and if they say they fried it,i want it back with a new one since theres nothing to do with a dead cpu and i would have a proof that is true
i tought about UV ink but if they clean it with alchool it my not work and it may be conductible,laser marking is hard to find and expensive.anyone have an idea?

thanks for your time
The administrator has disabled public write access.

how to ID unique CPU 1 week 1 day ago #18150

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 140
If you don't trust them, then don't send your CPU to them.

Binning is the process of selecting the best CPU out of a bunch of them. You can't bin just one CPU.

What about drilling a tiny hole somewhere where it won't be noticed?
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, 250gb 960 EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 1TB 850 EVO (video scratch), 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud

how to ID unique CPU 1 week 1 day ago #18154

• BMWTRG
  • Lurker
thanks for the reply,

if there would be something to identify my cpu i wouldnt be worried,but its so easy to swap it like it is now

on their website (siliconlottery.com/collections/sl/products/delid) they say binning (frequency test)

drilling a tinny hole im not sure about it since i have no idea whats in the fiber even if it seems clear,would a marker spot on the side of the pcb

maybe it would be easier to just wait and buy a 5.2 ghz from them once they are in stock

how to ID unique CPU 1 week 23 hours ago #18156

• androdz
  • Lurker
just buy the rockit tool and delid yourself...

how to ID unique CPU 1 week 11 hours ago #18160

• BMWTRG
  • Lurker
is the processor ID in this tool reliable?

downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/...Utility-for-Windows-

how to ID unique CPU 1 week 3 hours ago #18161

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 140
It shouldn't do any harm - being from Intel. But whether it provides a unique CPU identifier is what you need to know. So you'll have to try it - and let us know too.
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, 250gb 960 EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 1TB 850 EVO (video scratch), 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud

how to ID unique CPU 5 days 15 hours ago #18162

• BMWTRG
  • Lurker
didnt get anything from that program...i've found somebody to laser mark it,that should do the trick

how to ID unique CPU 5 days 5 hours ago #18164

• Birdhunter
  • Dominating!
  • Gamer, Modder, Engineer... the usual stuff.
  • Thank you received: 78
If you don't trust them, then don't send it in.
A deliding tool + liquid metal costs about the same and determening your max speed is part of the fun of overclocking. And even if you determine the bin before clocking and you get a "below average" sample, it's not like you can return it to a vendor - you are stuck with what you have anyways.

As for the serial number:
Intel CPUs do NOT have a serial number anymore (ever since Pentium III) because of privacy concerns. Modern CPUs only report function-specific information (like model, instruction sets, etc.) but nothing to identify them.

Also, keep in mind the footnote of the very page you posted:
Please note that we do not service previously modified or delidded processors.

This basically allows them to refuse Service if a CPU has been tempered with (and laser markings would seem to be quite an obvious sign of a tempered product).

Also - since we are already on this level of paranoia - marking the IHS would be pointless, since the whole point of delidding is removing the IHS. You would have to mark the pcb (which is way more risky).

Again, my recommendation:
If you don't trust them, save the time, money and stress and jusr delid it yourself.
If you DO trust them, then just send it in.
i7-4790K @ 4.7 GHz | 2x8GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Blitz 1.1 | Z87 Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 | Asus ROG Poseidon GTX 1080 Ti | HyperX 3K SSDs | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass | Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1,2kW | Thermaltake Riing RGB | Long Sig! | XSPC RayStorm | Alphacool NexXxoS 420 XT45 | Alphacool Eisbecher & Laing DDC 3.25 & Alphacool Aurora RGB | Hardline PETG Tubing | EKWB CryoFuel AcidGreen | Green&Black Sleeved Cables | Acer Predator Z35 | Still reading? | Logitech G302 + G633 + G410 | etc.

how to ID unique CPU 2 days 10 hours ago #18376

• BMWTRG
  • Lurker
i know i can do the job myself,but i also know that they are expert at doing this,and im more interested in gaming and video editing than overclocking.im not paranoiak,im just thinking that its kinda easy to swap the product...i had bad experience with my rifle barrel material,they tough i would never see the difference but im a machinist...long story to say that im not the best at pc stuff and i just dont anyone taking advantage of this. thanks for all the reply.
the moderator can close this thread if they want to.
Moderators: 2ndPlayer, i7Baby
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds