Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 3rd Party Shading Software

3rd Party Shading Software 2 months 1 week ago #15652

• Kriyek
  • Lurker
So while I'm currently running on a pretty dated build I did back in 2007 (yay 10 year old hardware, with minor upgrades) I can play most games that I want to play just fine on medium specs. I'm gonna use the game Final Fantasy 14 online with ReShade for the example here. The game does look nice but there are 3rd party shading injection software for games like this to really enhance the looks of a game.

My question is this... Are these programs more CPU or GPU intensive. I'm going to put my old trusty PC (named Toasty) into retirement soon and build something new. I want to try and budget a bit because I am building a custom case to put my new hardware in. So the answer will tip the scale of which one of those two parts gets the larger slice of the pie.

Thanks for thorough answers in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3rd Party Shading Software 2 months 1 week ago #15655

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 77
there are 3rd party shading injection software for games - what software are you wanting to use?

Anything you add to be run while running a game, whether its related to the game or not, will add a load to the system and decrease your game performance. But the question is - How Much? The answer will depend on the system and what else you are running.
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, Samsung 250gb EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud

3rd Party Shading Software 2 months 5 days ago #15668

• Kriyek
  • Lurker
I guess its just as a generalized question. I'm not entirely sure what games i'll be running on the new computer or what shader injection programs id be using with them. Heck they may not even need it. But shader programs such as "ReShade" act as the dx or gl driver and basically modify the in game rendering using the programs driver settings. So I guess the question I'm trying to ask is do these programs work just like dx or gl and put the load on the gpu, or is that up to how the game was designed (whether the game is cpu or gpu intensive)?

3rd Party Shading Software 2 months 5 days ago #15669

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 77
From what I've seen, Reshade is just extra software to run. It can change coloring.

It does decrease your fps - reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/2427...-second-drop-reshade. But I'm not sure by how much - maybe 10% (?).
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, Samsung 250gb EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud
Moderators: 2ndPlayer, i7Baby
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds