Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need Help Heavy Artifacting Followed by Game Crash

Need Help Heavy Artifacting Followed by Game Crash 3 weeks 3 days ago #17955

• Zegicrest
  • Lurker
Yeah I tried that first because I assumed the OC went unstable all of a sudden. Unfortunately doing so didn't help the situation. Forgot to mention that in the OP.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need Help Heavy Artifacting Followed by Game Crash 1 week 6 days ago #18126

• Valaska
  • Lurker
Hrm, I know the temps looked OK, but have you tried... Sorry to sound like that guy, but have you tried cleaning it out? Not only could it possibly be ramping temps due to insulation by dust, but it could be possible some dust is causing shorts etc on the card which can cause artifacts and WILL cause crashing.

If you have another GPU available that would be the best method to do a troubleshooting test. If you really want to be sure there is no dust shorting a paintbrush or makeup brush can remove any dust on the PCB, air can under and in the plate. Be sure to stop the fan from spinning to not overspin it (learned that the hard way, coil whine city.)

It'd be great if you had an old GPU around just to ensure it is down to the hardware. That would narrow it down to "okay... is it a driver issue?" and if driver refreshing like you have didn't work the only way after that would be to format.

Need Help Heavy Artifacting Followed by Game Crash 1 week 5 days ago #18131

• Zegicrest
  • Lurker
No worries about sounding like that guy... I did clean it out about a month before this all happened, and then again afterwards to make sure it wasn't dusty again. I actually take my system apart about every 3 months and fully clean everything, including taking the GPU apart and cleaning every spec of dust I see on it, because the system unfortunately sits on a carpeted floor (technically on a small stand a few inches up).

In a previous reply I mentioned that I was able to switch to my sister's GPU for a little bit to trouble shoot and with her GPU, everything ran fine. She used my GPU during that time and the artifacting carried over to hers until we switched back.

Lastly, I just want to point out that I did end up buying a new GPU and everything is back to normal. I'll update the OP and mention it there too. Regardless, still appreciate the replies.
  • Page:
Moderators: 2ndPlayer, i7Baby
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds