Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Suggestion for the GPU tear down videos and ...

Suggestion for the GPU tear down videos and ... 6 months 1 day ago #15178

• T3mpust
  • Lurker
Suggestion for the GPU tear down videos and onsite tear down / reviews.

First off would like to say some of the best tear down GPU videos I've seen.

Lot of people are building SFF builds these days and biggest problems we run into is will things fit.

Sometimes GPU measurements from manufacturers can be off a little.

My suggestion would be to:
Include actual measurement in mm (easier to work with on accuracy ) the Actual; Thickness, Height / Width, Length of the stock GPU.
Include the bare PCB measurement: Thickness, Height / Width, Length

For the you tube videos add those measurements in the more / detail section.

This added information on the reviews would really make your already popular reviews that much more sought after, and maybe set a new review standard that is desperately needed by the SFF community.

TY for reading my humble request really hope you folks take it to heart and follow suit.

Currently working on SFF Ncase M1 build made this tab on the Ncase M1 community sheet to help people pick GPU that will fit:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xhd3QG2u...o/edit#gid=301202602

Requested PCB measurement for Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme ~ PCB size: www.gamersnexus.net/forum/15-hardware-pc...orus-xtreme-pcb-size

Thanks for making such a great website
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Suggestion for the GPU tear down videos and ... 6 months 1 day ago #15180

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 87
You can measure the size of the GPU yourself if you can't already find it's measurements. If you're going to add water cooling, the final size will depend on the waterblock and fittings you use.

Is this what you want to do? - Change a GPU from air cooled to water cooled (or hybrid) and fit in a SFF case.

What radiator will fit yourSFF case?

See www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/5txbo...case_m1_and_fractal/ - a guy thought the M1 was too noisy. (air cooled GPU)

I think this - www.ncases.com/#Spec - is the case specs you want. "Rear exhaust cards recommended, especially for cards with TDP greater than 150W. "
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, Samsung 250gb EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud

Suggestion for the GPU tear down videos and ... 6 months 1 day ago #15185

• T3mpust
  • Lurker
I can't measure cause i don't have the card :), or I would. I know what the water card offset is 25 mm from the PCU.

Unfortunately the WB is still in production and won't be out till may and possibly June so can't get dimensions for it quite yet.

The Auros card sells out fast and i have had 2 opportunities to buy it but don't want to until I know it will fit my case or not. Unfortunately I live in Hawaii so no one carries that kind of card here on stock.

If I can get PCB size from someone I can add the 25mm and know if it will fit or not hence me asking :)

But yeah reason for suggestion is this is common information sought out after by SFF people and would be a nice addition especially on a tear down review some thing as easy as measuring the card right after the tear down or from the back of the card if the back plate is same size is information that could help a lot of people.

Suggestion for the GPU tear down videos and ... 6 months 15 hours ago #15188

• i7Baby
  • Thank you received: 87
I'd either wait till you have all the info and get a different bigger case.

You might have to buy the card, tear it down and measure it up yourself.
R7-1700 @3900/1.375V, H110iGT, ASRock x370 Taichi, GSkill 2x8GB 3200/14 @3466/14 1.38V, Samsung 250gb EVO (W10), 2TB Barracuda, 2 x R9 Nano, EVGA G2 750, Enthoo Pro, LG 34UM88. Aizo kb, M6580, HyperX Cloud
Last Edit: 6 months 15 hours ago by i7Baby.

Suggestion for the GPU tear down videos and ... 5 months 3 weeks ago #15238

• T3mpust
  • Lurker
I got word back from Gigabyte Finally. Just PCB: (H/W)121.15mm x (L)266.7mm. ~

Regardless on the sidestep from the main reason for the post and thank you for the reply.

I do believe in an age where a lot more people are building SFF and considering that great effort is taken to do a complete break down review video.

Adding Actual stock measurements as sometimes what is given by manufacturer can be off and in SFF every bit matters..

And also measuring the PCB size so SFF people can calculate if things will fit with WB is very helpful.

Providing information like this on the teardown reviews especially when word gets out in forums and reddit that it has become the standard for Gamernexus GPU tearddown reviews, it would really up the amount of views, likes and subscriptions. It's the kind of info that people are looking for that is hard to find and takes multiple support tickets and a long wait between each ticket submitted.

Just saying :) I mean I'm gonna watch the review anyways but honestly I would love it even ore if measurement for STOCK and PCB were included.
Moderators: 2ndPlayer, i7Baby
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds