The cryptographic unveil brought with it “Twinblast,” a dual-wielding hero with a set of four abilities. A few other heroes are scheduled for unveil on a recurring weekly basis, with the final (known) unveil on December 3.
Here are the first four in-game items* we've seen, all under Twinblast:
- Reverberate – Damage bonus vs. shielded targets
- Injured Rage – Damage buff while wounded
- Bounty Stalker – Critical strike bonus on successive hits
- Merciless – Critical strike bonus vs. bleeding targets
The other announced-but-undetailed heroes include “Steel” (reveal on 11/12), “Sparrow” (reveal on 11/19), “Dekker” (reveal on 11/24), and “Grux” (reveal on 12/03). We'll follow-up on these announcements.
With Overwatch and Dirty Bomb on the field, team shooters are a popular genre right now – but there's still room to go full MOBA, if we're in the spirit of talking saturated game spaces. Or something else entirely. It's probably that last option, if we're honest.
Someone at Epic is having a good laugh as the internet attempts to decipher something as simple as the game's genre.
Paragon's release date is in 2016. More information forthcoming.
- Steve “Lelldorianx” Burke.
* = changed wording to reflect website, which states "in-game item" as the unlock, not "abilities."