"The most important key feature is the dynamic spellcasting system where you can combine spells freely. For example, combining two elements, like fire and water creates steam. And if you then combine that steam with earth you create an earth projectile which, when it hits something, explodes in a steam cloud."
Arrowhead has listed the following as features of Magicka:
- Innovative and dynamic spellcasting system with over a million possible combinations
- Up to four-player co-op in all game modes, as well as a single-player option
- Fight your way through 13 different levels in the campaign
- Explore an expansive realm of adventure to defeat the evilest of wizards
- Experience the parody and satire of a clichéd fantasy world
Magicka has the sound-track of an epic tale, the storyline of an outrageous fantasy adventure, and the comedy to keep you playing. The team plans to release Magicka on the Xbox360 and PC, though more could come. Here's to hoping they do well in their Q2 2010 launch!
~Steve "Lelldorianx" Burke