- A new and improved layout, including updated code to hasten load times and maximize efficiency when browsing the site.
- Optimized graphics to ensure the best quality is delivered in a speedier format; this means, for example, images will only load when you actually scroll down to view them.
- A potential downloads or 'modders' resource section to prepare GN for its full-blown modding and indie support future.
- A streamlined forum -> main site experience, including consistency between the sites to create a single, flowing experience.
- A merged user control panel that takes care of all your user needs from one spot.
- Improved servers to facilitate even further growth.
- Adoption of the newly announced CSS3 code.
- The possibility to host bug-testing and SVN / repositories on the site for modders, as well as downloads sections.
- Coverage of as many gaming events as we can get, including (and you will see some of these posted shortly): PAX East 11, ECGC, CGS, indie development meetings, the Global Game Jam, EuroGamer, and possibly even TGS (yes, the one in Tokyo).
- Video interviews and recordings with our new HD camera setup.
- Streamlined use between multiple columns or categories on the site.
- Loads of text and video interviews with developers.
- Comic strips.
That's the shortlist! Hopefully you guys are looking forward to it as much as we are!
Here's to another year of success,
~Steve "Lelldorianx" Burke