UPDATE: We have posted a list of several additional fixes for all types of issues in Skyrim. If the below solution does not work for you, try checking our complete Skyrim glitch fix guide.
As we noted in our Skyrim minimize workaround, the game shipped with a number of annoyances for PC gamers (especially those experienced with the TES series). One of the more noticeable, more obnoxious mini-issues is that of mouse smoothing and mouse lag in Skyrim for PC: if you've ever felt like whipping your mouse around doesn't feel quite right, or if the mouse sensitivity feels too low in Skyrim despite how high you turned it up, this fix should help you out. It was the first thing I did before setting off on my 'hardcore mode' adventures!
Here's the fix:
- Launch a Windows Explorer window (win key + e)
- Navigate to \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Skyrim
- Open SkyrimPrefs.ini in Notepad.
- Locate [Controls] and then find 'bMouseAcceleration=1'
- Change bMouseAcceleration=1 to bMouseAcceleration=0 instead; this will disable "mouse smoothing" and "mouse acceleration" in Skyrim.
Enjoy the game! As always, post below in the comments if you require assistance or post on our forums if you need in-depth help!
More graphics tweaks, glitch fixes, and crash fixes will be posted as we figure them out.