The team over at Lian-Li just started a worldwide case mod contest! Lian-Li, founded in the mid-80s, specializes in brushed and anodized aluminum cases - particularly high-end ones. They're trying to promote their latest product -- the simplistically styled, yet incredibly functional PC-7H Mid Tower Chassis. In traditional Lian-Li style, the case focuses on build quality before anything else -- the PC-7H actually reminds me somewhat of Fractal Designs' cases, especially with its sleek exterior.
Basic case specs
||210mm W x 473mm H x 490mm D
|Motherboard Form Factor
||ATX / mATX
||2x140mm Front (included)
1x120mm Rear (included)
||Audio; 2xUSB 3.0
||VGA Card Length: 400mm
PSU Length: 250mm
CPU Cooler Height: 170mm
If you want to win some killer prizes -- to include a Lian-Li case of your choice, other hardware, and cash -- then look into the case modding competition. Take pictures of your PC-7H case (components included) and then document the modding progress and tweaks.
I don't mod things, but I'd like to see what others make: Where?
If you want to see some other's progress, check here.
The contest just started up and will end on January 18. Winners will be announced February 1.
How to Join the PC-7H Modding Contest and Procedure
- Register and sign up for an account on the Lian-Li forum on XtremeSystems.
- Start a new thread in the Lian-Li Forum with [Case Mod] and the name of your PC-7H Mod written in the subject.
- Take a picture of the PC-7H and all components before starting the modding contest and post it to the thread.
- Regularly update your mod progress on the same thread.
- Submit your completed mod with at least 5 pictures and a link to your modding thread to firstname.lastname@example.org Jan. 18th, 2013.
- Facebook users will be able to pick winners by voting among those top 10 mods selected by the panel judges.
- Entries that are shared across other forums and mediums will be given higher consideration during the voting process.
- The final round contestants' mod pictures will be posted on the Lian-Li HQ Facebook page on Jan. 25th.
- Voting will commence on Jan 25th and end at midnight on Jan. 31st with the top 3 most popular case mods winning prizes.
- Winners will be and announced on Feb. 1st and contacted by Lian-Li.
- Additionally, one PC-7H will be given to a randomly-picked voter.
Show me the money
- Modding Contest
- 1st place: One Lian-Li case of your choice, PC-7H Mod Master Aluminum Award Card, ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard, ASUS HD7970 graphics card, US$1200 cash.
- 2nd place: One Lian-Li case of your choice, PC-7H Mod Master Aluminum Award Card, ASUS P9X79 Pro Motherboard, ASUS GF GTX-650 graphics card, US$500 cash.
- 3rd place: One Lian-Li case of your choice, PC-7H Mod Master Aluminum Award Card, ASUS Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard, US$300 cash.
- One random voter during the voting stage will receive a Lian-Li PC-7H brushed aluminum chassis.
You can find the case here.
- David D'Amico.